Here you will find information on how to obtain Forms and Permits in the Town of Winter. Should you have any questions, please contact the Town Clerk - Lori Van Winkle - (715) 266-3131.

Absentee Ballot Request

You may request absentee ballot for any individual election, or for all elections in a given year. If you want absentee ballots sent automatically for all elections, you must submit a new request form every year in January.

Voting Location

Application for Absentee Ballots

Burning Permits

Burn Permit

Available at Winter Ranger Station, Flambeau Forest DNR, Or contact DNR Hotline at 1-888-947-2876.

Class B Liquor and Beer License

Contact Town Clerk for forms and information

Dog License

Dog License is required for any dog 5 mos of age or older. Fee is $15.00 for an unaltered dog or $8.00 for a spayed or neutered dog. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. Send fee with valid rabies certificate to Town Clerk. Necessary information includes name, color, predominant breed of dog.

Driveway Permit

Any person wishing to install a driveway on their property is required to complete and submit a driveway permit to the Town of Winter, there is no charge for this permit. Please contact the Town Clerk for permit form.

Operator’s (Bartender’s) License

Required for all persons to tend bar in the Town of Winter. Fee is $15 per year, all licenses expire on June 30. There is no pro-ration for partial year. Please provide proof of current valid license from another municipality or responsible beverage server class along with completed application form. Please check internet for classes.

Use Of Town Hall Meeting Room

Contact Town Clerk for availability.

Voter Registration

Please stop in at the Town Hall and fill out a voter registration form. Have available your valid Wisconsin Driver’s License or other identification and proof of residency. (You must be a resident for 10 days before you can vote)

Voting Location

How to Register to Vote


How to check to see if you are registered